This is a sermon by Scott McKay from 18th October 2020.
Click here to read the bible passage.
Acts 2:42-47 – Mission Control
Covid risk to the church – can it survive?
What we discover in Acts 2 is that as soon as people are converted, they congregate with other Christian devoting themselves to certain activities that feeds the health and vitality of the church.
Devoted to the Truth (2:42)
Devoted to the Fellowship (2:42-45)
Fellowship = Partner, Companion, Sharer
Devoted to the breaking of bread (2:42&46)
TV Dinners are dangerous – family meals are fantastic
Devoted to the prayers (2:42)
1) Consider often the mercies of God
2) Find delight in God through His word
3) Dwell on your absolute need of God
1) What kind of things put a church or an individual Christian in the ‘high risk’ category when it comes to its/their spiritual health?
2a) What comes to mind when you think of the word ‘devotion’?
2b) How is your ‘devotion’ to CCN expressed?
3) Use the categories of ‘engaging with sermons,’ ‘participating in a small group’ and ‘committing to reading daily’ to evaluate your devotion to God’s truth.
4a) What do you make of how the early Christian demonstrated their devotion to each other? (v45)
4b) What stops you from displaying such devotion?
5) What emphasis do you place on the Lord’s Supper in your life? What is your view of it?
6) How is devotion to prayer manifest in your life? Thinking about the three categories listed – how should each one move you to prayer?
There is no charge for our sermon recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The sermon recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Newland Media. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.