This is a sermon by Scott McKay from 21st March 2021.
Click here to read the bible passage (opens in new window).
Looking for the ‘natural places’
Trusting the rest to the Lord
Locked up behind a closed door
Singing at midnight
Questioning at midnight
Welcoming at midnight
Staying put beside an open door
1) Where are the ‘natural places’ for you when it comes to finding opportunities to share the good news?
2) When thinking about evangelism through the lens of God’s sovereignty, how does that shape the way you think about ‘risk’, ‘rejection’ and ‘regret’?
3) What has been your experience of encountering hearts that are ‘closed off’ to the Gospel?
4) What did you learn from Paul and Silas’ rejoicing in prison? How did that speak to you?
5) Why can we say that ‘believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved’ is a good summary of the Gospel? How would you unpack that statement?
6) How are the categories of ‘believing’ and ‘belonging’ explored in this passage? What does that teach us?
7) In what ways are Paul and Silas’ heart for the church revealed in this passage? What do we learn from this?
There is no charge for our sermon recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The sermon recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Newland Media. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.